Education & Qualifications
BA (Hons) Fine Art, Bath Spa University, UK (2016-to date)
Art and Design Foundation Diploma, Doncaster College, UK (2015-2016) - Distinction.
2018, Audaciously Made, Doncaster, UK (Curator)
2017, 9.12.17, Bath Artists’ Studios, Bath, UK
2017, 11x11, Curator’s House, Bath, UK
2017, The Walcot Chapel Exhibition, The Walcot Chapel, Bath, UK
2016, Breakdown, Doncaster College, Doncaster, UK
2018, Amy Frost, 44AD Arts Gallery, Bath, UK
2018, Epilepsy Society UK, Online at: https://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/amy-frost-uses-art-coping-mechanism-her-epilepsy#.XAbuTmj7TD4
2018, Doncaster Free Press, In print and online at: https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/giant-eye-balls-around-doncaster-1-9249863
2018, LipsZine, Online at: http://lipszine.com/
· 2D skills: hand drawing; painting; Acrylic, Oil and Watercolour; Photography;
· 3D skills: casting; pottery throwing; tie dye; sewing, hand and machine; screen-print including mono, etching and lino printing.
· Software skills: Adobe photoshop; Premiere Pro
· Performance: Using drawing and painting within performance pieces focused on the process as the art form
Explored my strong creativity skills during my first year of degree, where I focused on colour psychology, freedom of expression and drawing performances, to express difficult emotions and experiences.
Expressed my interest in psychology and creativity in my foundation diploma, where my final exhibition displayed an abstract portrayal of a mental experience/sensation, through ceramic casting. The experience was a mental breakdown, and I expressed the stages through glazes, using colour psychology for emotions experienced within each said stage. I also displayed a life size sculpture, of the breakdown stage in physical reality, with the mind exploding.
(2017-Ongoing) “Abstract Memories”
Exploring representing memories through performance art, sculpture and video.
(2018) Channel 4 Work experience week, London
Fully funded work experience week, chosen from over 1000 applicants for disabled people.
Side by Side Volunteer for The Alzheimer’s Society, Royal United Hospital Bath, UK (October 2017 to Present).
· Responsible for providing one to one support for patients with Dementia in particular, through communication and ensuring their full participation in a range of art-based activities
Student Ambassador, Walcot Chapel Exhibition, Bath, UK (October 2017)
· Welcoming visitors and providing information about the exhibition pieces, whilst ensuring the Chapel’s artwork is protected
Camp Counselor, Camp JaK, California, USA (June to September 2014).
· Assisting with arts and crafts activities and lessons, which included helping young children improve their artistic skills and develop their imagination.
Awards and Prizes
2017, Won, The Ede and Ravenscroft Award; Additional Funding for Art students in need.